Growing A Grownup
Posted Apr 4, 2017, 6:23 AM by Sarah Roehrichwith Vicki Hoefle
Tuesday, April 25, 20177:00 – 8:30 pm (doors at 6:30 pm)
Savings Bank Theater
Wakefield High School
60 Farm Street, Wakefield, MARegister online
In this upbeat, informational presentation, parents will be pleasantly surprised by the reasons to “zip-it” and will find comfort and confidence in their ability to parent their children, all while preparing them for the world outside their home. Vicki provides insight as to why all the over parenting, nagging, hovering, and helicopter parenting is not working out for you or your child and identifies five of the biggest parenting obstacles and how you can “clear away the clutter” and create clarity that will guide your family for years.
We know parents play a huge role in the dynamics of the family and you will learn how to:
- Invest in the relationship with your children in ways that foster independence and self-reliance.
- Support the development of self-discipline, self-control and discernment without punishment or rewards.
- Remain emotionally available for your kids as they are faced with more difficult daily challenges increasing their sense of competency and influencing their self-image in healthy ways.
- Provide the opportunity for your children to make informed decisions, so they are able to keep themselves healthy and safe along their journey to independence.
- Keep your eye on the long-term responsibility of parenting and support the development of competencies that guide children as they mature.
Cost: $5 at the door
Online Registration is encouraged
For Questions or Certificates of Attendance email: email@example.com
Books Available for Sale!
Duct Tape Parenting $19.95
The Straight Talk on Parenting $16.95
Vicki Hoefle, author of Duct Tape Parenting and The Straight Talk on Parenting, leads parent education programs nationwide. Her informative and highly engaging presentation style keeps her in demand as a speaker, facilitator and educator.
Showing posts 1 - 1 of 12. View more »
The Wakefield Parent Partnership hosts renowned parenting experts for discussions on the challenges of modern parenting and effective strategies for raising children in a modern world. Past lectures have included topics such as regaining parental authority, understanding and coping with moodiness, and sexting.
A Special Thanks to Our Sponsors
The Wakefield Parent Partnership lectures would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors. A special thanks to the Boys and Girls Club of Stoneham & Wakefield, Canterbury Children’s Center, and the North Suburban Child and Family Resource Network for sponsoring the upcoming lecture with Vicki Hoefle. For information on becoming a sponsor, please contact us by email.